Blackened Chicken






There's an Earth Fare close to me that sells blackened chicken ready-to-go in their deli, and I LOVE it. But, it's crazy expensive.  So, I tried several recipes, and they just weren't as good.  I finally just ASKED Earth Fare how they make theirs, and it's crazy easy!

ONLY chicken, olive oil, and cajun seasoning!
I make a whole batch - maybe 2 batches - at the beginning of the week,
and then I have a yummy lunch or snack option that's great protein, and I can easily slice it up and take it on-the-go!  

Ingredients:
chicken breasts or tenders
{I use tenders because it's more seasoning! I buy the organic, trimmed, ready-to-go stuff at Target}
olive oil
Cajun seasoning

{if you want to avoid MSG and other gross stuff in pre-made seasonings, this is my fave seasoning!}

Instructions:

Dump chicken in a bowl.
Swirl 1-2 swirls of olive oil on them.
mix around.

Sprinkle a LOT of cajun seasoning on a plate.
Place chicken tenders on a plate and cover thoroughly.
 Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side or until chicken is done.

I use a George Foreman, and it's way easy! 
Throw it all on there, and you have chicken for the week ready to go!!

Enjoy!

21 day fix approved! 1 chicken breast = about 1 red

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment